Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Our Engagement Party


We had our engagement party at the beginning of May, and I thought I would share some pictures from our amazing night. 

We chose early May as Jim's parents were visiting from England and it gave us the perfect opportunity for them to meet my family as well as all our friends.  The location of our party was at our friends bar 'The Blind monk' in Hamilton, NSW,  which is the cutest little place ever and has the most helpful bar staff.

Seeing as Jim and I have decided to do our wedding in Vegas (he's from England..I'm from Australia, so hey.. lets get married in an entirely different country haha) a lot of our friends and family won't be able to attend, so we wanted to do a big engagement party together.
It was the most fun I've had in ages, but man is it exhausting being the host of the party!
 I was running around trying to make sure I spent enough time talking to everyone, and almost lost my voice by the nights end!
For decorations we went simple, and I wanted something that represented both Jim and I... the bottles of his favourite craft beers used as vases for my favourite flowers was the perfect match and so simple and cheap too!! 
We also decided to do a cork board of photos of precious moments together and bought the cutest letter lights (pictured above and below) from Typo.
Inexpensive but effective :)
For my engagement party outfit I went with the Monica dress from Pinup Girl Clothing!
Knowing the whole time that I wanted to wear white, my heart was set on the Monica. 
Its such a perfect dress and I will be doing a full review on it this weekend!
My old workmates
My Mumma Bear
My sisters and cousins
Jim's mum and sister

All Pictures by my friend Alicia from Billy June Photography
Check out her amazing work!!


I hope you have enjoyed this more personal post, it was an amazing event in my life and Im thrilled to have the ability to share it all with you all.
Much Love
Betté
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment