Monday, June 15, 2015

Winter Must Have.. The Turtle Neck

Lovers of the vintage and pinup fashion know exactly what Im talking about when I say it can get a little hard on the purse. 
So this winter I decided to go toward the inexpensive but fashionable turtle neck!

I was a little sceptical purchasing my first one (the burgundy top below) online through Boohoo, but was swayed by the fact that it was called 'The Elizabeth' and also it was only $15.
When it arrived it fit perfectly and I literally felt like Elizabeth Taylor, suavely parading around the house!! 
Devastated that it didn't actually come in any other colours in my size, I went on the hunt for more.. hitting jackpot at Temt (an Australian store with cheap clothing) I quickly snapped up 4 more, all for under $15 each!
This tempt top was on sale for $9.95 and fits perfectly, teamed with the Pinup Girl Jenny Skirt in Black and my Tony Bianco heels. Such a simple look can be dolled up with a brooch, bangles or even a statement shoe.
The Elizabeth turtle neck top from boohoo, bought for $14.95. Teamed with my Deadly Dames Capris from Pinupgirl Clothing, a vintage Glomesh Clutch and a handmade brooch made from a vintage watch face, a beautiful birthday gift from my friend.
This Temt top is such a perfect colour and goes so well with the Jenny Skirt from Pinupgirl clothing. A bargain top for only $14.95.
The twin to the blue turtle neck, I just had to have it in black too. Worn with my Laura Byrnes high waisted trousers from Pinup Girl Clothing. Such a simple look but so classic.
 Again this top is the same as the black & grey one from Temt, also on sale for $9.95, wearing with high waisted jeans from JayJays ($30).


The turtle neck tops are so versatile and can be matched with any of your fav pinup skirts, capris, trousers etc. Being a snug fit they create gorgeous silhouette, so you can be stylish and warm whilst rocking those pinup curves.

I hope you all enjoyed this post. 
Comments and feedback are always appreciated.

Much Love
Betté
xx



All Photos by my cousin Clair and Uncle Geoff.. who I paid in cupcakes ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment