Sunday, June 21, 2015

Seaside Siren

The Sea Garden Skirt From Banjo & Cake

When this skirt arrived in the post I squealed in delight because it was even more perfect in person than in the pictures.
I love anything with a cute and quirky pattern, and this one just ticked all the right boxes..
Seriously.. octopuses, squid, fish and seahorses, how could I say no?!

Discovering Banjo & Cake on Instagram, I fell in love with there rockabilly inspired range. 
Usually I go for more of the traditional pinup look, however sometimes I like to branch out into edgier styles and I feel like the Sea Garden Skirt works so perfectly. 
Made from silky poly/cotton material with a lining of a soft knit and tulle, which gives this skirt shape with or without a petticoat. 
Designed with a simple invisible zip at the back, and the best surprise ever... pockets!!
From the picture below you can see how chuffed I was to discover those bad boys, I just think every dress and skirt should have pockets!
How adorable is this print...I'm in heaven!!
Ive teamed this gorgeous skirt with a top I bought from Forever New, a simple blue chiffon scarf, belt from Pinup Girl Clothing and Black flats from Target.

The simplicity of the red lipstick and nails create a beautiful contrast amongst all the blue and black, and its such fun look which can be easily dressed up by adding heels.  
These photos were taken by my loving fiancé at the gorgeous local beach in Dudley, NSW. 
Being such perfect weather and such an amazing location we were able to run around and get some amazing shots. 
If you love this skirt, it also comes in a dress, leggings, socks, cardigan and swimwear (which is a personal fav)..

Check out this skirt and much more at 
Banjo & Cake



Much love

Betté
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment