Sunday, January 10, 2016

Break of the Day Dress

Banned Apparel have created this gorgeous rose motif dress in true 1950s style. 
Everything from the boat neckline to the full pleated skirt, this is a vintage lovers must!
I found this beauty in my local vintage inspired store, Miskonduct and my breath was literally taken away just from the stunning colour (side note.. On my online adventures I have seen that this dress also comes in a lovely grey).
The dress is made from a poly/cotton blend so there isn't a lot of stretch to the dress but it definitely runs true to size, and ranges from a XS-XL.
 (Im wearing the size small)

Sizes are as follow:

                    BUST         WAIST      HIPS
XS/6            32-33          24-25          34
S/8               34-35          26-27          36
M/10            36-37          28-29          38
L/12             38-39          30-31          40
XL/14          40-41          32-33          42
The dress has a hidden side zip and all buttons at front come undone, along with the large beat neckline this dress is quite easy to put on and take off. 
The ribbon pulls in the waist and with the assistance of a petticoat (or two like I've worn, for extra shape) gives the quintessential 1950s silhouette.
The capped sleeves are perfectly delicate, but sufficient enough for the "arm conscious" like myself!
These pictures were taken by my gorgeous cousin Clair in Cooks Hill, Newcastle. The beautiful historic homes and streets lined with fig trees, we could have spent hours just walking the streets in admiration.  
 
The gorgeous vintage hat Im wearing I was lucky enough to find it in a local antique shop for only $35. It works in perfectly with this stunning dress.
 
Hat, handbag and earrings: Vintage
Shoes: Ruby Shoes


Hope you have all had a beautiful weekend. 
Keep an eye out for my hair tutorials which Ive started filming and will be posting in the next coming weeks.

Much Love
Betté
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment